My Notebook

Most of this probably won't make much sense to you...meh, Que Sera, Sera.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hobo-Therapy

And now for a scene from Byward Market Theatre:

Hobo - You could smile you know
Guy - Eh?
Hobo- You look too serious; too somber - it doesn't hurt to smile.
Guy - Well I suppose not.
Hobo- I see that you're just standing here looking serious...waiting for an appointment?
Guy- Something like that.
Hobo- A girl?
Guy - Good guess.
Hobo - Don't worry about it, a thousand things could've happened; buses, clocks, memories, they all fail from time to time for no particular reason. So you may as well smile since you have no reason not to.
Guy- Do I have to?
Hobo- Of course, look at me; I have many troubles but I still smile - you may as well too.
Guy - *forces a smile*
Hobo- Ahhh, now that's better!
Guy- Can I stop now?
Hobo- No! You must smile until you have a reason not to - but there is never a reason not to smile.
Guy- Aw crap....
Hobo - Don't worry, if you try smiling from time to time it may actually get easier.
Guy- I suppose.....

Brief silence

Hobo- Do you suppose I could have a few bucks to get a place to sleep and a shower tonight?
Guy - Definetly. *gives him some money*

Hobo leaves. Guy stops smiling.


Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home